Monday, September 19, 2011

Repurposing-Blinc mascara sample from September 2011 Birchbox

I wasn't really happy with the mascara.  It really did nothing for my lashes (see first photo).  I'm really happy with my everyday mascara (Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes).  So what to do with a mascara I've already sampled and decided I didn't like?  Why use it on my eyebrow to make it match my left eyebrow.  As evident in my below close-up photos of my eye area, my right eyebrow is quite a bit lighter than my left eyebrow.  I use eyebrow pencils, but they do smudge and wear off after awhile.  I thought about how the Blinc mascara actually "tubes" eyelashes and I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it out on my eyebrow.  As you can see in the below full eye area pic, it did a great job of darkening and thickening my eyebrow.  I left my left brow bare for a comparison.  What do you think?





Right eye-Blinc mascara (from September 2011 Birchbox) .  I have nothing on my eyebrows.
Left eye-Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara (nothing on eyebrow)



Repurposed-Blinc Mascara on my right eyebrow


No comments:

Post a Comment